« Home | Exams are over! » | 1 more day to freedom »

Days of thinking

For those who don't know, some stuff had happened over the weekend. And its adding to the ever present injury list. These little things fester and it never seems to get any easier.

Are they trials? Is God telling me something? Why me?

It turns out my faith was more of a "spiritual infatuation phase." A "me" relationship.
When my relationship with God centered on me, everything revolved around me and whatever i asked and prayed for was for me.
A self centered faith? But well, doesn't everyone have this kind of faith as well?

Authentic faith shows us that life isn't meant to be perfect, we are meant to trust the one who is.
The growth of our faith can and will be painful but it is necessary. Instead of focusing on our desires for God to answer our prayers, spiritual maturity leads us to yearn for faithfulness, Christlikeness and others-centeredness.

But why does embracing God's love and kingdom also mean that we have to embrace His broken heart? The active christian life is a life full of heartache, risk and responsibility. And that is what Christ has called us to. I end this thread with an excerpt from the book i am currently reading.

In a fallen world, love begs to be unleashed - a love that is supernatural in origin, without limit, a love that perseveres in the face of the deepest hatred or sharpest pain.

This is a love that becomes silhouetted in a broken world, framed by human suffering, illuminated in an explosion of God's presence breaking into a dark cellar.

May God grant me true authentic faith.

Listening to

  • Give You Back by Vertical Horizon
  • Come Pick Me Up by Ryan Adams